Skip to main content

I can't hear you, inner voice.




Assalamu'alaikum,

I know its been a long time since I posted anything.... I've been struggling with a lot. Y'know... cause life is hard. Yes, definitely.

Sometimes you just feel this emptiness in your heart.... and you just can't understand why you feel so blue.... depressed.. upset.. lost..


The answer to this is in the Qur'an

" Verily in the remembrance of Allah, do hearts find rest. " -[13:28]

Hmm... I know this... yet I can't bring myself to feel it..  I try to reflect, to think about Allah... To think about all the numerous blessings I am lucky enough to have.

Its funny because I keep getting this same feeling again, again & again.. I desperately try to busy my self... to distract my thoughts.


Maybe deep down... I know why I feel this way... I know..... but I am in self-denial.

I try to talk to myself... to find the root cause of the problem... and there, there it is... the inner voice shrouded by all these loud thoughts and screams coming from my nafs.

The inner voice.... barely audible... says.... Go back, go back to Allah. Go back to your true purpose. You shouldn't rely on people. Don't place your happiness on people. This reliance should only be on Allah.  Wake up.. Move on.. You need to learn to love yourself. Stop destroying yourself.


This love you have for your friend... is too much... it's attachment. You have let in dunya .. let it into your heart. And by doing so you've given it the right to break your heart. So too your heart hurts, aches and is breaking.... and you have noone to blame but yourself.

If you don't stop this now... you will indirectly drag them down with you... Is this really love? Wake up! Wake up! You are stronger than this. Please .... don't give in... to your nafs.

You have your own life.. Your own responsibilities... Set a goal, a vision.... and work hard towards it.. don't do small talk... Stop it!


Protect your heart.... place barriers so high that nothing but that which is worthy can make it in. And that is Allah.

True love should not make you feel weak, vulnerable, reliant, dependent, desperate...True love should free you. Both you and the person you love.

Learn to let go, love yourself first.

Let go of what you want for what you need.... do it for your own good.

This post is dedicated to anyone who's feeling or has ever felt attached.

Wassalam.







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New Beginning

Assalamualaikum everyone, The past 4 months have been amazing, unbelievable and just life-changing. Never in my wildest dreams, did I imagine any of these events happening, ever. And a part of me is glad I didn't. There's an element of gratefulness that comes out of the surprise and initial "shock". And that's life, it's unexpected but we need to have faith that everything happens for a reason, and Indeed they do. As Muslims, we believe in  pre-ordainment. That is, what Allah s.w.t. has pre-ordained for us, will definitely happen. "Never will we be struck except by what Allah has decreed for us; He is our protector." And upon Allah let the believers rely." (Surah At-Tawbah:51) Therefore, we should have faith in Allah and His plans for us, surely Allah knows best.  “…and it may be that you dislike a thing which is good for you and that you like a thing which is bad for you. Allah knows but you do not know.”  (Surah Baqarah: 216). Al-Ha

Am I weak?

Assalamu'alaikum, I don't know how to describe what I'm feeling but... I feel like i'm going crazy, like i'm losing my mind.. Its so funny because I feel like I can't even control my own thoughts & feelings. One moment I'm alright & the next I go into a really negative mood. I want to be ALONE.. Nobody understands me. Do you know what it feels like to be in a room full of people yet feel like you're alone.. I'm drowning and all I see..  people, people all around me who are breathing. My thoughts start to consume me... to the point it hurts for me to breathe. I feel so numb/empty yet I feel pain. It hurts so much more than simple physical pain... Because I don't know how to cure this... and no amount of medication can fix this. Maybe i'm too broken.. Ya Allah please forgive me if this..... if this is me being ungrateful & if this is me.... not putting enough trust in You. There are times when all kinds of d

Islam vs islam- Is there a difference?

Assalamu'alaikum everyone, Islam is the religion, Muslims are those who are part of the religion Islam. Islam is PERFECT.. The Muslims? Not so much. We're only humans afterall... what do you expect? But wait..Is that how it should be? Should we just leave it the way it is? It's true we can never be perfect but that doesn't mean we should stop striving to be. Allah placed us on this earth for a reason: "..Indeed, I will make upon the earth a successive authority." They said, "Will You place upon it one who causes corruption therein and sheds blood, while we declare Your praise and sanctify You?" Allah said, "Indeed, I know that which you do not know.." [Surah Al-Baqarah:30]  We are .. put on this earth to be leaders! Not just to other people but to ourselves first and foremost!  In the above ayat, the angels mentioned the humans' capabilities of destruction and corruption.. And Allah answers by stating that Allah knows